L96 is a concurrent multi-GNSS receiver module with embedded chip antenna. With 33 tracking channels, 99 acquisition channels and 210 PRN channels, L96 supports concurrent reception of up to three GNSS systems (GPS+GLONASS+Galileo). The built-in LNA provides the module with better performance under weak signal areas. The embedded chip antenna reduces the total size of customers’ applications. To meet varied application demands, L96 also provides an external antenna interface.
Compared with using GPS only, enabling multiple GNSS systems generally increases the number of visible satellites, reduces the time to first fix and increases positioning accuracy, especially when driving in rough urban environments.
Combining advanced AGPS called EASY™ (Embedded Assist System) and proven AlwaysLocate™ technology, L96 fully meets the industrial standard and provides greatly reduced TTFF and ultra-low power consumption. EASY™ technology allows L96 to calculate and predict orbits automatically using the ephemeris data (up to 3 days) stored in internal flash memory, so the module can fix position quickly even at low signal levels and provide low power consumption. With AlwaysLocate™ technology, L96 can adaptively adjust the ON/OFF time to achieve balance between positioning accuracy and power consumption according to the environmental and motional conditions.
Its super performance makes L96 ideal for automotive, industrial and consumer applications. Extremely low power consumption makes it easier to be applied to power sensitive devices, especially portable applications.
● Ultra-compact size: 14.0mm × 9.6mm × 2.0mm
● Multi-GNSS engine for GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo (RLM supported) and QZSS
● Embedded, omnidirectional and wideband antenna
● Built-in LNA for better sensitivity
● Dual SAW filters for better noise cancellation
● Support EASY™ and EPO advanced AGPS technologies without the need of any external memory
● AlwaysLocate™, an intelligent algorithm for power saving
● Ultra low tracking power consumption: 20mA
● LOCUS, embedded log saving function without the need of host or any external flash
● Support DGPS/SBAS (WAAS/EGNOS/MSAS/GAGAN)
● Great anti-jamming performance due to multi-tone active interference canceller
● Balloon mode, for high altitude up to 80km
● PPS VS. NMEA can be used in time service
● GLP/geo-fence/jamming detection/odometer functions
● Support SDK command for customized settings
Datasheet: Quectel_L96 GPS_Specification.pdf
HW Guide: L96 Hardware guide.pdf
Command Guide: L96 command guide.pdf