The LC86L is an ultra-compact GNSS module with an integrated patch antenna and a GNSS chipset engine that
achieves perfect performance by supporting two or three concurrent GNSS constellations (Depending on the internal chipset version) and QZSS. The module is compatible with Quectel GPS module L80.
Combining advanced AGNSS and EASY™ (Embedded Assist System) with the LOCUS feature, the LC86L achieves the highest performance and fully meets the industrial standard. The EASY™ technology allows the LC86L module to calculate and predict orbits automatically by using the ephemeris data (up to 3 days) stored in an internal RAM memory. That way, the LC86L can fix the position quickly even at lower signal levels and under low power consumption. Additionally, the embedded logger function called LOCUS allows the LC86L to log position information to internal flash memory at default intervals of 15 seconds and provides typically more log capacity without any added costs.
The LC86L also supports automatic antenna switching function. The module can switch between an integrated patch antenna and an external active antenna. Moreover, the LC86L keeps tracking even during the switching process.
Due to its compact design, high precision and high sensitivity, the LC86L module is perfect solution for a wide range of M2M applications, such as portable devices, automotive applications, personal tracking, security, and industrial PDA. It is especially suitable for special applications, like GNSS mouse and OBD.
- Extremely compact footprint: 16.0 mm × 16.0 mm × 6.95 mm
- Multi-GNSS engine for GPS, GLONASS, Galileo (or BeiDou) and QZSS
- Automatic antenna switching function
- Antenna detection and antenna short-circuit protection functions
- Support for DGPS, SBAS (WAAS/EGNOS/MSAS/GAGAN)
- AGNSS technology
- Support for EASY™, an advanced AGNSS technology (no external memory required)
- Integrated LNA for better sensitivity
- SDK commands developed by Quectel
Datasheet: Quectel_LC86L GPS_Specification.pdf
HW Guide: LC86L Hardware guide.pdf
Design Guide: LC86L Reference design.pdf
Command Guide: LC86L command guide.pdf